- Contributes to the production of articles, brochures, and handouts which provide pertinent educational and technical information
- Organizes and develops lectures and workshops that provide for a foundation of understanding and the skill sets/tools needed for this type of work
- Supports the function and role of the National Heritage Responders
- Works with other committees and specialty groups to most completely and accurately disseminate information
- Partners with other collection-based institutions or organizations to develop broad-reaching educational training tools
All committee members serve on a subcommittee. Each subcommittee provides monthly reports on the Emergency Committee calls.
- Social media / AIC Blog / Online Communities: Creates monthly updates on emergency-related education and practical resources
- AIC News: Creates bi-monthly updates or long-format articles on emergency-related education and practical resources
- Programming: Creates or facilitates the creation of original educational materials for members, to be presented via venues including (but not limited to) workshops and webinars
- AIC Wiki: Reviews and updates emergency-related resources and discussion on the AIC Wiki
- Annual Meeting: Creates content for the AIC Annual Meeting committee booth, tip sessions, or presentations (as appropriate)
Members of the Emergency Committee serve three-year terms; student members serve two-year terms. All members have the opportunity to stay on the committee for one additional year when their term is up.
Roster More Information