View Leaders More Information
- Contributes to the production of articles, brochures, and handouts which provide pertinent educational and technical information
- Organizes and develops lectures and workshops that provide for a foundation of understanding and the skill sets/tools needed for this type of work
- Supports the function and role of the National Heritage Responders
- Works with other committees and specialty groups to most completely and accurately disseminate information
- Partners with other collection-based institutions or organizations to develop broad-reaching educational training tools
All committee members serve on a subcommittee. Each subcommittee provides monthly reports on the Emergency Committee calls.
- Social media / AIC Blog / Online Communities: Creates monthly updates on emergency-related education and practical resources
- AIC News: Creates bi-monthly updates or long-format articles on emergency-related education and practical resources
- Programming: Creates or facilitates the creation of original educational materials for members, to be presented via venues including (but not limited to) workshops and webinars
- AIC Wiki: Reviews and updates emergency-related resources and discussion on the AIC Wiki
- Annual Meeting: Creates content for the AIC Annual Meeting committee booth, tip sessions, or presentations (as appropriate)
Members serve three-year terms; student members serve two-year terms. All members have the opportunity to stay on the committee for one additional year when their term is up. If you are interested in volunteering for this committee, check our Volunteer Opportunities page to see if there are any available openings.
*Login required to search committee rosters.