Deadline: Ongoing (Rolling basis)
Access Submission Portal
We publish the following types of peer-reviewed (short or long) submissions:
- practical or technical notes
- research papers
- treatment case studies
- topical reviews
- material studies
- book reviews
- ethics and standards discussions
We publish articles relating to the broad field of conservation and preservation and on particular subjects of interest to preservation and conservation professionals, especially those in the following areas:
We encourage submission of articles presented at AIC's annual meeting, including those articles already published in AIC's postprints, as well as those presented at other conferences or published in non-peer-reviewed publications.
- We review manuscripts for interest and overall suitability, as well as for accuracy, clarity, and uniqueness.
- We do not have manuscript cycles and accept articles on a rolling basis, so you may submit your article at any time via Editorial Manager.
- We begin reviewing articles as soon as they are submitted and publish articles online as soon as the abstracts are translated.
- Authors should follow our guidelines below and the JAIC Style Guide.
- Authors should use our new citation format based on the Chicago Manual of Style. Personal communications should be included within the text, not in references.
- Authors should also see Tips for Preparing Articles and Notes, which includes links to scholarly writing sessions given at our annual meeting.
- Please note: Abstracts should be 200 words maximum and 8 keywords should be provided.
If you have questions about whether your topic or manuscript is a good fit for the journal, email our staff below.
Julio del Hoyo, Editor-in-Chief
Bonnie Naugle, Managing Editor
You may also contact subject specialists on our Editorial Board.