The Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) provides funds toward the presentation of public lectures to help advance public awareness of conservation.
Submission Deadline: September 15 or February 15
Apply Edit Application
Up to $500 may be used to help defray lecturer travel costs, honoraria, site fees, and publicity costs.
- These awards are not intended to be used for lectures associated with the AIC annual meeting.
- All publicity and news releases must recognize FAIC’s financial support.
- We will review applications and make a recommendation to the FAIC board for final approval.
- We will notify awardees six to eight weeks after the deadline. Projects should take place six weeks to twelve months after the application deadline
Criteria for Review
- Ability of the project to advance public awareness of conservation
- Number of people reached, other projected outcomes
- Speaker’s ability to communicate the proposed topic
- Feasibility of project (reasonableness of budget, organization’s ability to publicize, etc.)
Submit an application through our online application portal. You will be prompted to log in. If you already have an account (as a member or past program participant), use your existing login information. If you do not have an account, you can quickly set one up before you begin your application.
The online form will take you through the three sections of the application:
- Coordinator and speaker information (names and contact information, speaker resume/CV, letters of commitment from speaker and lecture site)
- Budget information (project costs and FAIC funding request)
You can save and return to your application later to complete it. When you are satisfied with your responses, “save and finalize” to submit your application. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer be able to edit the form.
The Lecture Coordinator must submit a final report within 60 days of the event directly to email@example.com