The Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) provides funds toward the presentation of public lectures to help advance public awareness of conservation. Up to $500 may be used to help defray lecturer travel costs, honoraria, site fees, and publicity costs. These awards are not intended to be used for lectures associated with the AIC annual meeting. All publicity and news releases must recognize FAIC’s financial support.
The deadlines for receipt of all materials are February 15 and September 15 of each year. Applications will be reviewed and a recommendation will be made to the FAIC board for final approval. Notification of awards will be made six to eight weeks after the deadline. Projects should take place six weeks to twelve months after the application deadline.
Criteria for Review
- Ability of the project to advance public awareness of conservation
- Number of people reached, other projected outcomes
- Speaker’s ability to communicate the proposed topic
- Feasibility of project (reasonableness of budget, organization’s ability to publicize, etc.)
Applications are submitted through our online application portal. When you enter the portal, you will be prompted to login to the system using a login ID and password. If you already have an account (this should be the case if you are an AIC member or have participated in an AIC or FAIC program), use the same login information you use to access that account. If you do not have an account in the system, you can quickly set one up before you begin your application.
The online form will take you through the three sections of the application:
- Coordinator and speaker information (names and contact information, speaker resume/CV, letters of commitment from speaker and lecture site)
- Budget information (project costs and FAIC funding request)
You can save and return to your application later to complete it. When you are satisfied with your responses, “save and finalize” to submit your application. Once the application has been submitted, you cannot return to edit the form.
A final report is to be submitted by the Lecture Coordinator to FAIC within 60 days following the event.