Information for Presenting
We will add more information to make your presentations go smoothly as we have it.
Speaker Ready Room is in Mt. Washington.
- The slide ratio is 16 by 9, and the LCD projector ration is 1080 (which is the Ratio for 16 by 9 slides)
- Each room will have a PC computer with the latest versions of Windows and Office.
- Speakers should bring their presentations with them on a USB drive to load onto the computer in the session room.
- There will be Wi-Fi access for all attendees and dedicated bandwidth for speakers. That being said, it is always better to not be dependent on Internet access. If you can download information from a website in advance, please plan on doing that instead of accessing it during your presentation.
For this reason, we strongly discourage use of Google slides.
Uploading of Presentations
- Speakers are required to upload their presentations in the session rooms. We request that speakers upload 1 hour before the start of their session, not their talk. For example, if your presentation is scheduled for 2 pm or 5 pm on May 15, you should be in the session room to upload your presentation at 1 pm. AV techs will be available to assist.
- With the exception of CAN!, WAG, and Sustainability, all talks for each session will be in the same room throughout the meeting. For example, Objects is in San Diego Room from May 15 – 17. The same computer will be brought back to the same room. Therefore, presenters on May 16 and 17 can load their talks early starting at if they wish. However, they should still be in the session rooms 1 hour before the session start time.
Speakers who are being livestreamed do not need to do anything extra. You are presenting to the people in the room.The audio and video feed are being sent out to virtual attendees, but you should focus on the live attendees.
- Please ask all attendees to use the standing microphones in the audience to ask questions. This is a must in any livestreamed session but needed in all sessions since we have attendees using transmitters to boost audio.
- All session rooms will have a podium with a microphone and a head table with table mics. We request that the speakers in each 90-minute block sit at the head table and go to the podium to give their talk. At the podium, if possible, speakers should remove their masks. Speaking through a mask makes it hard for the closed-captioning for the live-streaming to work and for anyone who needs to read lips. The podium will be a safe distance from the head table and the attendees.
- The is no mask mandate in the Westin Bonaventure at this time. We encourage you to wear a mask when indoors, except when eating/drinking/ and presenting your talk or asking or answering a question.
- We will provide disinfected wipes for speakers and attendees to use on the podium, tabletop, floor mic and other surfaces. Normal microphone use should not be a COVID risk.
You may upload handouts for attendees to the AIC 50th Annual Meeting Community. Visit the Community in a browser and follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Library tab, or click ADD next to Latest Library Entries.
- Create a New Entry, select the folder marked with the day of your presentation, and describe your files (title of presentation, abstract, whatever seems relevant).
- Select Entry Type > Standard File Upload.
- Drag and drop or upload ALL of your files on the next screen so there is just ONE entry for your talk in the folder.
- Click through to finish.
Download this guide to prepare for your presentation at in-person or online events.