Journal of the American Institute for Conservation
- is our primary vehicle for the publication of peer-reviewed technical studies, research papers, treatment case studies and ethics and standards discussions relating to the broad field of conservation and preservation of historic and cultural works.
- is a benefit of membership both individual and institutional members.
- is also available to libraries and universities via subscription through the publisher Taylor & Francis, which has a complete list of articles, both published and forthcoming.
- has an Editorial Board with a wide range of expertise.
- Publication & Delivery Update: The May/August 2021 issues are mailing together as a double issue on Contemporary Art Conservation. It contains 14 articles and will begin mailing in late October. The November 2021 issue will be mailing shortly thereafter. For claims for past issues, email email@example.com.
- Call for Papers: Another Call for Papers on sustainability topics will be announced soon.
- Call for Associate Editors: We are looking for detailed-oriented associate editors with conservation background in modern materials, contemporary art, and time-based or electronic media. Download the call below for more details.
We publish peer-reviewed (short or long) submissions relating to the broad field of conservation and preservation and on particular subjects of interest to preservation and conservation professionals.
For more information on how to submit an article, how to serve as a peer-reviewer, or how to organize a special issue, see our Contribute to the Journal page.
Subscription is a benefit of membership. Find a membership option that meets your needs. If you need organization, IP-based, or campus-wide access, contact our publisher Taylor & Francis.
Claim an Issue
Members who have not received a print issue to which they are entitled should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt out of Print Version
If you would like to opt out of the print version, click the button below. After logging in, click [Edit/View Information] in your profile, and uncheck the "Contact by Mail" box at the bottom of the subsequent page. Remember to click the "Save" button before closing the window.