Tru Vue and the Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) offer scholarships up to $1,500 to help individual members of AIC defray costs for attending international professional development events, such as workshops, conferences, and symposia. Applications are due February 15, May 15, and September 15 of each year. Applications are reviewed by members of the AIC Education and Training Committee and a recommendation is made to the FAIC board for final approval. Notification of awards are made six to eight weeks after the deadline. Projects should take place six weeks to twelve months after the application deadline.
Criteria for Review
- Appropriateness of the project to furthering the applicant’s professional development
- Qualifications of applicant for this project (education, training, and experience)
- Applicants should demonstrate a plan and ability to publish, lecture, or otherwise disseminate the knowledge/skills gained from the proposed project
- Preference may be given to applicants who have not received FAIC funding within the past three years
- Budget information complete and reasonable; financial need will be considered
- Completeness of application, including two references
- Applicants must be current individual AIC members attending a professional development opportunity outside of their home country
When you apply for an FAIC professional development scholarship, you will be automatically considered for awards generously funded by FAIC, The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, National Endowment for the Humanities, and Tru Vue.
Applications are submitted through our online application portal. When you enter the portal, you will be prompted to login to the system using a login ID and password. If you already have an account (this should be the case if you are an AIC member or have participated in an AIC or FAIC program), use the same login information you use to access that account. If you do not have an account in the system, you can quickly set one up before you begin your application.
The online form will take you through the four sections of the application:
- Applicant information (name and contact information, resume/CV, etc.).
- Project information (description of the project and how it will help you advance professionally).
- Reference information (name and email of reference).
- Budget information (project costs and FAIC funding request).
Two references must be submitted electronically; it is strongly recommended that at least one reference is from a Professional Associate or Fellow member of AIC. Once an applicant submits their reference information, the references will receive an email with a link directly to the application portal where they will complete a brief form regarding their support for the application. Recommendations submitted will not be visible to the applicant.
You can save and return to your application later to complete it. When you are satisfied with your responses, “save and finalize” to submit your application. Once the application has been submitted, you cannot return to edit the form.
A final report consisting of a 500 - 1,000 word narrative, at least two images, and a final budget summarizing the expenses and sources of revenue is due within 30 days of completion of the project. Final reports should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are required to be eligible for future funding. Reports may be published in part or in full by FAIC and Tru Vue, including posting on the FAIC and/or Tru Vue websites.