We strive to develop workshops of high quality that cover a broad range of topics and enhance training and education for conservators and allied professionals at the annual meeting.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm
We consider proposals for half-day, one-day, or two-day workshops. Any individual, specialty group, or program committee may submit a proposal for a workshop.
- Focus on specific materials, specialties, or processes useful to the care of cultural materials at large
- Adapt knowledge from allied professions that is pertinent to the Annual Meeting audience
- Advance the field of conservation and collection care
- Focus on skills useful to professionals as a refresher course
Staff will schedule a conversation with you during the month following the deadline to further discuss the details of the proposed workshop. Staff and the Board Director for Professional Education and Training will review proposals with input from the Education and Training Committee and Specialty Groups as appropriate. Final approval is subject to review by the AIC board.
- Usefulness to Annual Meeting attendees
- Appropriateness to hotel/Annual Meeting setting
- Qualifications of workshop Coordinator - track record of organizational skills and completing tasks on schedule
- Qualifications of workshop Instructor(s) - teaching ability and experience with topic
- Financial feasibility - Annual Meeting workshops must be self-supporting, meaning that all expenses must be covered by the workshop registration fees
Host a Workshop
If you are local to the location of an upcoming annual meeting and are interesting in hosting a workshop at your facility, email email@example.com.
View guidelines for how to Propose a Workshop outside of an annual meeting.