View Leaders View Opportunities
The Education and Training Committee (ETC) promotes the continuing education and professional development of AIC’s members. It also supports opportunities to engage members with allied professionals and diverse public audiences. It does this in consultation with the AIC Board Director of Professional Education and the FAIC Education Manager as well as all Specialty Groups and Networks.
- Evaluates professional development proposals, reviews individual grant and scholarship applications, and comments on education-related resources produced by AIC. This work is guided by established rubrics and F/AIC priorities.
- Provides advice and direction for strategic planning related to long- and short-term educational goals. Priorities are established yearly to reflect identified membership needs, organizational requirements, and individual committee member interests.
- Encourages professional development by strengthening current programs, increasing opportunities for related grants and scholarships, and expanding relevant online and print resources such as how to Become a Conservator.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of continuing education programs, specifically targeting opportunities to strengthen career-wide leadership skills and specialty training.
- Collaborates with all Specialty Groups and Networks to encourage individual professional development, promote equity and inclusion, as well as support participation by emerging conservators in national and international communities. Ongoing collaborations are established with the Emerging Conservation Professionals Network and the Equity & Inclusion Committee.
Email them questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Composition and Rotation
The committee is composed of ten volunteer AIC members selected by the Board of Directors. Each member serves an initial three-year term, renewable for a second three-year term. It also has two Advisory Members. These members serve in an unlimited capacity.
If you are an AIC member and interested in joining the committee, check the Volunteering Opportunities page to see if a position is open.