Serving in a leadership role not only helps us advance the profession but you as you move ahead in your career.
While our professional staff have administrative expertise in managing associations and charitable non-profits, the body of knowledge for this field resides in our members. Volunteering is therefore essential to our ability to serve our members effectively. We are more vibrant, valuable, and relevant due to your contributions and those of members who volunteered before you. Any member can volunteer for a role, though some elected positions also require peer-reviewed membership.
What you will get out of the experience:
- Gaining experience that compliments your training and work responsibilities
- Doing meaningful work on issues that matter to you and drawing satisfaction from contributing to the field
- Discovering new ideas to which you would have not otherwise been exposed
- Gaining knowledge and skills and contributing to your overall career growth
- Working with people you would not have otherwise met, expanding networking and business development opportunities and increasing your visibility in the profession
We regularly recognize volunteers at our annual conference, newsletter, and online community.
- We offer three volunteer-specific awards to honor those who further our mission
- We sometimes can cover travel expenses or registration fees related to volunteer efforts when funds are available.
Ways to Get Involved
Contribute your knowledge and experience to the field.
Become a leader
Serve on a board, specialty group, committee, network, task force, or working group.
Learn about our:
Find open Volunteer Opportunities and learn how to apply.