The Member Engagement Subcommittee (MES) supports and retains our new members, with a focus on enhancing the member experience. MES works in collaboration with our membership staff, the Equity & Inclusion Committee, and Nominating Committee as well as its parent Membership Committee.
MES helps to introduce new members to AIC and FAIC, encourages members to take on volunteer leadership roles, provides support to first-time volunteers, recognizes the work of volunteers, and promotes ongoing member engagement, including promotion of membership designations.
- Create orientation materials to help familiarize new members with AIC and FAIC.
- Collaborate with the Equity & Inclusion Committee and Nominating Committee to promote a diverse AIC membership.
- Develop materials and communication strategies to ensure all members feel welcomed and supported.
- Create a plan to encourage members, particularly new members, to serve in a volunteer capacity for AIC.
- Develop materials and strategies to support volunteer leadership, particularly first-time volunteers.
- Create a plan for volunteer recognition.
- Collaborate with the Nominating Committee to create strategies to encourage participation in volunteer elections.
- Collaborate with the Membership Committee and AIC membership staff to promote membership designations.
We formed the Member Engagement Subcommittee of the Membership Committee in the summer of 2020.
We are currently accepting applications for this committee
. It will have five (5) members, at least one of whom is an AIC Fellow or Professional Associate. The subcommittee members represent, as well as possible at any one time, a variety of specialties, workplaces, and geographic locations, as well as gender and racial diversity. MES applicants should have had at least one year of prior volunteer experience in AIC. Members serve staggered two-year terms with an option to serve a second two-year term. The chair serves for one year with an option to renew for a second year.
Contact 202.661.8065 or email@example.com.