The American Institute for Conservation (AIC) envisions a world in which the preservation of cultural heritage is appreciated and supported by all. This is only made possible with dedicated members like you.
Conservators, collection managers, registrars, curators, scientists, librarians, archivists, art handlers, mount makers, museum volunteers, collectors or those just interested in the field will find a welcoming and enriching community here. Membership brings the conversation together for all those who care about protecting art and cultural heritage.
Join Online Renew
Associates ($149/year): for anyone working in the field or simply interested in conservation
- Students ($71/year): for undergraduate or graduate students, including those just thinking about entering the field.
- Post Graduates ($95/one year): for those who have just finished their graduate training and are entering the profession full-time.
Institutions ($235/year): for any organization like museums, libraries, archives, universities, vendors, etc...
- Organizations receive benefits through one and only one individual.
- Organizations interested primarily subscribing to the journal or getting all-campus IP-based access, should contact our publisher Taylor & Francis.
- Organizations can transfer benefits from one primary contact to another
Groups and Networks
- Architecture $25; $10 (student)
- Book & Paper $35; $45 (foreign); $15 (student); $25 (foreign student)
- Collection Care free
- Contemporary Art $15
- Electronic Media $25; $5 (student)
- Emerging Conservation Professionals free
- Objects $25; $5 (student)
- Paintings $25; $5 (student)
- Photographic Materials $30; $10 (student)
- Private Practice $25; $5 (student)
- Research & Technical Studies: $20; $13 (student)
- Textiles $30; $40 (foreign); $15 (student); $25 (foreign student)
- Wooden Artifacts $30; $10 (student)
- Membership allows you to add these groups or networks.
- They focus on particular area of expertise or professional interest within the organization.
- They have their own dedicated online community, publish bi-monthly columns in our newsletter, conduct sessions at our annual meeting, and publish periodically.
- Members who want to add a group with dues mid-year must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Memberships run from January 1st of one year to December 31st of the same year.
- New members upon payment of dues will receive the remainder of the year for free when joining after August 1st of a particular year. Our system will automatically set your expiration date for December 31st of the following year.
Any individual who has an interest in supporting the field of conservation, regardless of where they are from or located, can be a member. We have members from all over the world-Seattle to Singapore. Membership is also open to anyone without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ethnic or national origin.
Join now and receive a free digital copy of our book Ethics & Critical Thinking in Conservation, a $25 value! This collection of essays focuses on a moment in the evolution of the complex decision-making processes required when conservators consider the treatment of cultural heritage materials.
We are here to help you make the most of your membership. Contact us.