The Book and Paper Group Publications Committee Co-Chair is a volunteer position that offers the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the BPG scholarly community by managing and shaping the future of BPG publications work, including the BPG Annual (AIC Annual Meeting postprints) and the BPG Wiki. The Co-Chair position is appointed by the BPG Executive Council, and reports to the BPG PubComm Chair. The BPG PubComm Co-Chair supports and assists the Chair while learning the operations of the Committee. The term of service is one year, after which the Co-Chair will serve an additional one-year term as Chair, for a two-year total term.
To fulfill the demands of this position, the Co-Chair must have good interpersonal, communication, and project management skills as well as an interest in overarching publication and communication topics. The time commitment for this position varies throughout the calendar year with PubComm activities.
- Assists Chair in ensuring that the responsibilities of PubComm members are addressed in a timely manner. Each member is expected to organize their work, meet deadlines, and maintain schedules.
- Works with Chair to organize conference calls and in-person meetings at the AIC Annual Meeting, to develop and report on projects, and to address current and future BPG publication related issues.
- Ensures that summary notes from conference calls reflect the deliberation and reasoning behind actions taken by the committee.
- Runs meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- Assists Chair in managing documentation of PubComm decisions, activities, and other relevant information in the PubComm Online Community.
- Collaborates with the Chair and the Website Coordinator to ensure that summary minutes of the year’s activities (in-person or conference call meetings) are posted to the BPG website.
- Assists the Chair in preparing a report at the Book and Paper Group business meeting and contributes to the AIC Newsletter, AIC Board reports, and IAG annual report at direction of BPG Executive Council.
If you have questions about the Co-Chair role or PubComm in general, please feel free to reach out to Brenna Campbell, BPG PubComm Chair, at email@example.com.