We are still seeking 2 members to fill a role in this new subcommittee.
Volunteers will provide support to new AIC members, to ensure they are acknowledged and made aware of both benefits and various opportunities in the organization, with a focus on enhancing the member experience. Alongside committee and staff members, you will encourage members to take on volunteer leadership roles, provide support to first-time volunteers, recognize the work of volunteers, and promote ongoing member engagement in AIC, including promotion of membership designations.
The Member Engagement Subcommittee carries out the following responsibilities:
- Create orientation materials to help familiarize new members with AIC and FAIC.
- Collaborate with the Equity & Inclusion Committee and Nominating Committee to promote a diverse AIC membership.
- Develop materials and communication strategies to ensure all members feel welcomed and supported.
- Create a plan to encourage members, particularly new members, to serve in a volunteer capacity for AIC.
- Develop materials and strategies to support volunteer leadership, particularly first-time volunteers.
- Create a plan for volunteer recognition.
- Collaborate with the Nominating Committee to create strategies to encourage participation in volunteer elections.
- Collaborate with the Membership Committee and AIC membership staff to promote membership designations.
The MES is a division of the Membership Committee. The subcommittee members represent, as well as possible at any one time, a variety of specialties, workplaces, and geographic locations, as well as gender and racial diversity. MES members are to have had at least one year of prior volunteer experience in AIC.
Members serve staggered two-year terms with an option to serve a second two-year term. The chair serves for one year with an option to renew for a second year.