Committee Name: Sustainability Committee (SC)
Position: Member (minimum of 3 hrs/month)
Term: June 2023 – May 2025 (with the opportunity to renew for second, 2-year term)
Description: The Sustainability Committee (SC) seeks 4 members to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team for a two-year term. The positions are open to all AIC members, including interim year members, Associates, PAs, and Fellows. Members should expect to attend one, hour-long virtual meeting per month with an additional commitment of 2-3 hours of work each month.
We are seeking members with an enthusiasm for leading the field in a more sustainable direction through advocacy and innovation. While certainly not required, we are especially interested in applicants with interest in outreach/social media, podcasting, and in future leadership on the SC. We also encourage applicants from archaeological or built heritage specializations, as well as those whose day-to-day work is impacted by climate change.
Who we are:
The SC is tasked with providing resources on sustainable conservation practices for AIC members. Our activities include hosting the Sustainability Session at the AIC Annual Meeting, maintaining the Sustainable Practices Wiki, and sharing stories and information through social media, workshops, publications, and presentations.
- Support committee projects to increase awareness of sustainable practices in the conservation community.
- Attend monthly conference calls with committee members.
- Contribute to research, publications, the Sustainability Now eblast, the SC podcast, and social media posts.
- Plan and host webinars with experts in the field about topics related to sustainability
- Write, edit, and post calls for new entries for the AIC Sustainable Practices Wiki.
- Help plan the Sustainability Session and SC booth for the AIC Annual Meeting.
- Collaborate with related committees, networks, and working groups.
- Connect with outside experts and other allied professionals to build a network of sustainability-focused individuals, institutions, and organizations.
Requirements: There are no requirements beyond AIC membership for application. No previous experience with sustainability is required, only a desire to learn.
Additional considerations: Please include a resume and statement of interest in the position (300 words maximum) in the application
Questions: If you have questions please e-mail the SC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 1