FAIC / Kress Foundation International Speaker Scholarship
Submission Deadline: December 15
Apply Edit Application
This scholarship supports speakers who must travel from outside of the US or Canada to attend the upcoming AIC Annual Meeting. Proposals for funding may include airfare, ground transportation, lodging at the host hotel, and meal per diems but not honoraria, meeting registration costs, or optional events (such as workshop fees).
Program Chairs will review applications and make a recommendation for funding. Because the Samuel H. Kress Foundation does not fund individuals directly, the Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) will request funding as a single, unified proposal on behalf of applicants. After the Samuel H. Kress Foundation makes their decision, we will notify applicants regarding their award (most likely by March 1).
Criteria for Review
- Inclusion in the program at the upcoming AIC Annual Meeting
- Based outside the US and Canada
- Usefulness of participation to the speaker
- Usefulness of speaker’s contribution to the AIC Annual Meeting
- Support from the appropriate Program Chair
- Appropriateness of the budget; demonstration of financial need
- Representation of specialties (typically one speaker per session)
- Representation of countries (one to three speakers per country)
Applicants submit through our online application portal, which requires a login ID and password. This system is not currently synced with AIC's database, so your login information may be different than your AIC profile.
The online form will take you through the three sections of the application:
- Applicant information (name and contact information, resume/CV, etc.)
- Project information (description of the project and how it will help you advance professionally)
- Budget information (project costs and support)
Applicants can save their application and return later to complete it. When they are satisfied with their responses, they can click “save and finalize” to submit their application. Once they submit their application, they cannot return to edit the form.
In order to remain eligible for future funding, applicants must submit a final report within 30 days of the completion of the project to firstname.lastname@example.org
The report must include:
- a 500 - 1,000 word narrative
- at least two images
- a final budget summarizing the expenses and sources of revenue
We may publish reports in full or in part, including posting on our website.